Looking for space to get away, switch off, take stock, write, get together with friends or family? Would it help to be surrounded by peace and quiet, incredible views, mountain walks and 27 acres of ancient woodland and scenic pasture?
Our two bedroom self catering cottage provides a cosy and flexible mountain retreat. A double room, twin room and sofa bed in the lounge means you could get up to 6 people in. Or you can quietly bag it for yourself and write, contemplate, snooze and wander to your heart’s content.
For larger groups, there’s also 3 bedrooms in the adjacent farmhouse which are available on a bed, bed & breakfast or fully catered basis (2 Double/Twin, 1 single)
The cottage is available for between £500 per week off peak and £750 per week during peak summer holidays. Please ask for prices for Hay Festival, Christmas and New Year.
Weekend prices are 80% of full week price (3 nights arriving Friday), and mid week breaks are 60% of the full week price (4 nights arriving Monday). There’s extra options available to help you get the most out of your stay in this beautiful valley too – please ask about evening meals, guided walking, reflexology and massage treatments from our local therapists.
You can browse available dates on the calendar below – red dates are already booked.
Trwyn Tal Cottage
Interested? Please get in touch by emailing or phoning via the contact page.
Want some more details? Read on …
The cosy cottage is full of character and charm… Rescued from ruin in 2002 (think, “Tree growing in the lounge”), it used to be the farm’s stables. It has now been sympathetically restored to full, snuggly life combining character and stonework with modern facilities and warmth.
- Spacious lounge with wood burning stove (wood provided), TV, DVD
- Kitchen with dishwasher, gas hob, electric oven, fridge freezer & microwave
- Downstairs shower room bathroom
- Utility room with washing machine and space for boots/rucsacs etc.
- Two bedrooms – a twin and a double (plus sofa bed in the lounge)
- Bathroom with roll top bath and funky blue downlighters
- 27 acres of semi-ancient natural woodland and pasture
- Mountain walks from the door if you love a stroll
- Mountain views all around if you love a gaze
- Your nearest pubs are Llanthony Priory & The Half Moon, both in Llanthony (10 minute drive)
- Hay-on-Wye, with its laid back book stores & cafes is a stunning 20 minute drive (10 minute drive)
What isn’t here?
- Mobile signal!
- Traffic noise
- And sorry, we’re not set up to take dogs
To book your mountain escape now, just ring Sarah on 01873 892 845 or get in touch via the contact page.