How to describe the delights of a Family Mountain Retreat? Perhaps the little ones are most eloquent in demonstrating how new friendships develop…
Family retreats are essentially a Recharge, Refocus, Relax retreat, with added children 🙂 The walks may involve more splashing about in streams and a few more dragon hunts …
On the family retreat filmed above at our previous premises, we welcomed grandparents from America, parents and little ones from London, the Midlands and China. The three families have become close friends, still meeting up. We enjoyed walking, jumping in streams, painting, and a highly memorable Art Auction instigated by the older children. I still have an outstanding picture of The Tardis which I had to bid hard for!
If you remember the joy of den building, puddle splashing, painting, baking, random games, and whatever emerges moment to moment, our free flowing family retreat holidays could be for you.
This is the first year that I’ve had premises from which to offer Family Retreats throughout the year: Here’s the dates on offer at present, based on school holidays. Please do get in touch if you’d like to bring your family at any other time, and I will do everything I can to help that happen. Thank you!
August 4th – Full week! 7 night Family Retreat, bring the kids!
August 18th – Full week! 7 night Family Retreat, bring the kids! – Provisionally reserved
Oct 20th – October Half Term Family Retreat week
For a family of 4 occupying 2 bedrooms, guide price £1400 per week during peak months with everything included.
We’ll fine tune your family retreat to suit your needs, but here’s the basics of what’s included in your stay with us:
- Your Bedroom(s)
- Very Full Board: Home cooked breakfast, packed lunch, afternoon tea and dinner. Even the bread is home baked at the farm
- Family lounge with wooburner
- Daily family walks with streams, bridges, dragons and picnics (weather permitting)
- 1 hour of massage or holistic reflexology from our local therapists that visit the farm and spread bliss
- Optional “make your own bread” experience, or cake baking!
- Library, Painting and Craft Materials, Cosy Log fire, sheep, streams, two farm cats and plenty of scampering space